Disable automatic sound downloads (CS:S)
How to disable sound downloads
Are you tired of downloading sounds (i.e. "Headshot", "Ultra Kill", "First Blood", "Mmmmmmonster Kill", etc.) from CS:S servers? Well, add this cvar to your autoexec.cfg file, and you will not have to download sounds from the server:
How do I create an autoexec.cfg file?
- Open Notepad (Start button >> Programs >> Accessories >> Notepad)
- Type the above code in the Notepad file.
- Click File >> Save. In the "Save as type" box select "All Files." Then type "autoexec.cfg" (without the quotes) as the "File Name".
- Save the file to your cfg folder.
Once you have done this how do you know you have done it correctly?
Type "cl_downloadfilter" in the console; then press enter. You should see the following:
"cl_downloadfilter" = "nosounds" ( def. "all" )
- Determines which files can be downloaded from the server (all, none, nosounds)
If you see that exact code, then you have the cvar set to not download sounds.